Mixed fruit (whatever is in season)---For instance, Peaches, Plums, Nectarines, Apricots, Berries, Cherries, Grapes---in any combination and in any amount.
Brandy or dark rum
* Use brandy or rum for this recipe, with ripe, unblemished fruit in season. Use a crock or jar with tight fitting lid.
1. Remove stems from fruit but leave fruit whole. Peel large fruits such as peaches, apricots and plums.
2. Place fruit carefully into the container of your choice. Fill the container completely but without packing the fruit to avoid bruising.
3. Add enough brandy or rum to completely cover fruit. Close container tightly and store at room temperature. Let stand at least 3 weeks before using; 4 weeks is even better.
4. As you use the fruit replenish with more fruit and cover with more brandy or rum.
Copyright © 2002 Carol Stevens, Shaboom's Kitchen, All Rights Reserved